December 17, 2011

2011 Vanderbilt Commodores


 2011 
Vanderbilt Commodores 
SEC
 
 

Vanderbilt is one of those teams I feel sorry for. They are stuck in a state dominated by the Volunteers and a city dominated by the Titans. Frankly, after spending some time in Nashville, Vandy is little than an afterthought to the football population. And that is not helped by their uniforms. Oh my what a mess! First the good. The helmet is great. Its simple, has the logo and modest stripes, and as always the anchor helmet stickers are great! The jersey though, ugh! Its very generic and has odd striping. It looks unbalanced and weird. Plus there is very little gold. Vandy is not getting the BFBS stamp, because black is part of their color scheme. That being said, why not any gold? The gold jerseys are great and I do like how they match the black jerseys. The pants are good, both black and white, but why no gold pants? I feel that any team with a gold and black color scheme should always have gold pants. I do like how Vandy can have multiple combinations, but again gold needs to be used more. The black helmet is OK at best, don't really like it, but don't really hate it. So far my favorite combination is the gold helmet, white jersey, and white pants. Again too much black and not enough gold.

Helmet: A (gold), B (black)
Home Jersey: C (black), B (gold)
Away Jersey: B
Pants: A (white) A (black)

Final Verdict:

Tweak

I was going to give Vandy my first "overhaul" verdict, but then I decided not to. After looking at the pictures and going over it some more, the only thing that really bugs me is the jersey. If Vandy can drop the piping and add Vandy to the front, then it would be fine. But as it stands, just work on the jerseys and they will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment