December 17, 2011

2011 Sam Houston State Bearkats

2011
Sam Houston State Bearkats
Southland




After watching both Montana schools fall in the FCS playoffs, I thought I would cover the team opposite of North Dakota State in the National Championship game. The sad truth is that FCS teams don't get the respect they deserve, so it was really hard to find most of these pictures. Sam Houston has a really simple look, and that's good here. The helmet is orange with a white face mask to balance. The jerseys are simple and effective. I wish they could have names on the back of the uniform. I think I should also mention that Sam Houston State is the first team to get my "Poor Literacy is Kewl" hatred. (Thanks Linkara!) Seriously, cats with a "K"? I don't get it. The pants strip is a bit off, I guess I like my pant strips to be a sold consistent line, but it works. The team colors are to include blue, but I don't see any, unless that black really is a really, really dark blue, but I doubt it.

Helmet: A
Home Jersey: A
Away Jersey: A
Pants: A-

Final Verdict:

As Is

Honestly, not too much to say here. It's simple, but not unique. All things considered, I like it and hope they can keep this for a while.

And for those of you paying attention, I will review "special" or pro combat uniforms separately. So I will review the camo jerseys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment