February 7, 2012

2011 Memphis Tigers

2011
Memphis Tigers
C-USA




 

Helmet: B
Home Jersey: A
Away Jersey: A
Pants: A (grey) A- (white)

Final Verdict: 

As Is

In light of the fact that Memphis will be moving to the Big East, I thought it only right to comment about their uniforms. I was not aware until recently that Memphis had new uniforms, and they are an improvement over last year's. The helmet is still the same. Of course, I don't like the black face mask, but more importantly, the logo blends into the helmet. Its a good logo, but since most of it is blue on a blue helmet its hard to really see it. The white outline helps, but not much. The jersey style is that of the current (2011) Miami uniform. The "bars" (I guess you would call them) add much needed color to the away uniform and the grey on the home makes it balanced. The numbers with the black outlines are good, makes them pop and easy to read. I don't get why the plain "M" is on the chest. Frankly it looks like the Montana State helmet logo. You would think that the chest would either say "Memphis" or have the "M" with the tiger, like on the helmet. And the C-USA patch is boring. I remember a time, back when Louisville was in C-USA, that all teams had "C-USA" written on the uniforms, kinda makes sense to keep it that way. I just don't know what people making uniforms think I guess. In any case, the pants are great. The grey ones I like and I am glad they did not go with all all blue uniform. As I have said before, I like the team name being written on the pants, but I am curious as to why the white pants have "Memphis" in grey and not blue, its so hard to read. Frankly I always enjoyed this Memphis uniform, but for what they have, its good, its simple, its clean, and it should stay for a few years.

1 comment:

  1. Really don't like it when pants have a word running down the leg. Love blue and gray together, wish they didn't have black elements though – especially face mask.

    ReplyDelete