February 13, 2012

2011 Florida State Seminoles

2011
Florida State Seminoles
ACC





Helmet: A+
Home Jersey: A
Away Jersey: A
Pants: A+

Final Verdict: 

As Is

Frankly, I don't have much to say. The FSU uniforms are 99% perfect. Why 99%? Well first I will say that the helmet itself is perfect, perhaps the top five in college football helmets. The tomahawks for helmet stickers is great. The pants, also perfect. They don't need any stripes or anything, just the chief on the hip. I love the cuffs of the neck and sleeves have the feather print, very unique. Numbers are classy and stand out well, and there are even shoulder numbers. Now I appreciate that FSU added the "FSU" text to their uniforms, but where I have a problem is; FSU means more than just Florida State. Usually when I read FSU, I think of Fresno State, but that abbreviation is FS, which is commonly a secondary logo for FSU (you see the confusion). So I think that the FSU is a bit unclear for anyone outside of Florida, myself included. Really, it should be Florida State spelled out or Seminoles. And I take exception to Seminoles being written out because Seminoles is in recognition of a proud people and I have no problem with that name being there over the Florida State name. And of course the Nike logo is too big and predominate, and the NCAA triangle is there, but not counting those, this is a uniform that needs to stay around forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment